Hello! Welcome to My Bubble. Most of you have probably heard the expression "their own little bubble" in some variation. This blog is a reflection of mine. Just one girl's ideas, finds, responses to news stories and popular trends, recipes, life, thoughts, and opinions.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Still Believe in New Discoveries

It's amazing to me how many people don't care about something until it happens to them. Personally, I believe that everyone should be involved in something they are passionate about! Something they care about. Something for others. Something that can make a difference, even if it's only to one other person. 
My friends and family know how important Diabetes research and funding are to me. I am hopeful that together we can make a difference and discover a cure in my lifetime! I care, not just because this disease runs in my family, but because Diabetes is more deadly than Breast Cancer and AIDS combined. This is a scary disease but knowledge is power. If we can get information into as many hands as possible maybe it will become less scary. Knowledge about advancements in research and how to manage it and live a long, successful life. I want every American to have that chance.
Every 17 seconds someone like me and you is diagnosed with Diabetes. Please help me by donating today.

Whether it's $5 or $100, you can get involved!

Please follow the link below to read my story and make a donation to the American Diabetes Association:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=5227937&pg=personal&fr_id=8373&s_src=signature&s_subsrc=step2012



No comments: